Meet Your Neighbor- Angela Bolduc (aka Eleventeen Apparel)

What is your shop name & URL, real name, and what do you sell?
My shop is called Eleventeen Apparel. The URL is http://eleventeenapparel.etsy.com/. My real name is Angela Bolduc. I sell handmade clothing and a few accessories. My concentration is clothing for young women.



Where do you live? Tell us a about your town.
I live in Winslow. It is about 20 miles north of Augusta. I love living in the Waterville/Winslow area. There is so much to do and much of the town is focused on the arts, which I think is wonderful.



Tell us about your family & pets.
I am married to my husband Christopher who has been very supportive of my sewing! We have been together for almost 7 years now. We have two beautiful little girls, Brianna who is 3-1/2, and Audrey who is 13 months. We currently don't have any pets. We are outgrowing our home as it is, there really isn't much room for extra members!



How long have you been making your craft & what got you into it?
I first started sewing when I was about 12 years old. So, I guess I've been sewing for 13 years now. My mother used to sew clothing for us growing up. She taught me how to use a sewing machine. She used to help me with barbie clothes, pillows, placemats, and other simple projects. My grandmother helped me to sew my first "country rabbit". I made a bunch of those when I was in middle school. I always dabbled in it, but really didn't start seriously making clothing until I was pregnant with my first daughter. I have made a lot of clothing for my two girls. I was a master at sewing children's clothing, but never dared to make anything for myself or other grown women due to fear of fitting all the "womanly parts". I took a class in alterations a little over a year ago and realized that making pattern alterations really wasn't that difficult. From there I started designing and sewing garments for myself and finally opened an Etsy shop to share my work.

Do you feel like your craft is related to where you live?

Sewing is most definately related to where I live. The Waterville/Winslow area is an area focused on the arts and culture. Inspiration can come from anywhere...downtown Waterville with it's bustling businesses and up-and-coming musicians...the nature of the Kennebec river...the peacefulness of the outskirts of town with the orchards, farmlands, or forest areas.



Tell us about the awesome craftspeople that you've met around Maine-- have you collaborated or met with any Maine Team members?
I have not yet collaborated or met with any other Maine Team members, but I definately hope to be able to attend some meetings in the future. There are so many wonderful craftspeople here in Maine. Some of them even attend the local Farmer's Market. It's nice to see so many people in the area using resources here in the state to create and sell such wonderful items.



What are your plans for the future?
Well, right now I have a job (to pay the bills) as a medical transcriptionist. Sewing is a secondary income/hobby. My goal is to be able to switch positions and make sewing my primary income and transcription a secondary job. I love sewing and truly believe that your work should be something that you love...then it will never feel like work. I look forward to being able to open my own little shop in the Waterville/Winslow area someday, but for now will continue to sell online and by word of mouth.



More links from Angela:
http://www.joliehandmade.com/
http://www.myspace.com/joliehandmade
http://www.indiepublic.com/profile­/JolieHandmade34
http://joliehandmade.blogspot.com/


*****
*****
Want to be interview for the "Meet Your Neighbor" series? Email Jamie-- jamieribisi{at}gmail.com