Fresh Finds at Ferdinand

Ferdinand home store is one of my favorite shops in Portland, so I was excited to see that the postings on their etsy shop, FerdinandHome, have recently picked up.

Their Congress Street shop is always packed with offbeat screenprinted tees, handmade cards, kawaii japanese washcloths and loads of vintage goodies- and I rarely go home empty-handed! The ladies there are the nicest and I love that they are usually making their crafts behind the counter when shoppers are in there browsing. The etsy site (which they describe as an auxiliary site to their main online store) currently houses about 100 closeouts, specials, experiments and vintage finds, including...




...one of my personal favorites- the drum-playing squirrel...



...embossed butterfly paper decals (perfect for decoupaging those ugly canisters in my kitchen)...


...lots of pretty vintage beads to keep me crafting this until this rainstorm passes...


...and handmade rainbow undies made from vintage fabric- who doesn't need a pair of those?



The shop also occasionally features guest artists online, including etsymaine member StrongArmBindery, who makes lovely hand-bound books like this one.

Check them out today!