Meet Your Neighbor - M00nlit Stitches

Me
Who are you?

Karrianne Davidson of m00n lit stitches mostly handbags but introducing lots of accessories and finally back into lampwork bead making.

Tell us a little about your family.
I have been with my wonderful other half Shaun for 9 years now.  We have a wonderful little demon seed of 2 1/2 named Owen Lucas; he is our little heathen and would not trade him for the world.  We have 2 labs (color coded black & yellow so we can tell them apart) Holly & Zeus.

Where are you in Maine and what’s it like?
My family

I grew up in the Kittery/Eliot area and now we own our home in Sanford.  Luckily we are in the farm land part of town. We sit right in the middle of a field on top on the mountain (so yes thunder storms are no fun).

Are you a native Mainer? If so, what’s kept you? If not, what brought you here?
I'm a border jumper; born in Portsmouth, NH but raised in southern Maine. I've been to many places to visit but my friend & family are here, plus I like the fact that we have all the seasons. I went to school in Kittery and graduated form Marshwood High School in 2001, then went to college for 2 years at the Heartwood College of Art in Kennebunk ME. I then realized what am I going to do with an art degree and just went back to work full time at my high school job that I have been at for 10 years now and wouldn't change it.  I love where I am in my life and what I have done.

How long have you been making your craft and what got you into it?
Display of handbags at local craft fair
My mom and gram tough me to sew when I was 7/8 and took right off on it. I loved playing in all of my gram's fabric it was just so fun... in high school I really got into all my art classes and my art teacher Mrs. Osgood showed me how to really sew with some more challenging projects. I started out with bags and I fell in love with them. I could never find the right style or look in a store and my biggest issues were the straps they were always too short so I just started making my own. I had friends that loved them so I would make one for them and so on. Now when my other half and I got together he had no idea I sewed and when he saw my stuff he was like “ thats really good why don't you sell them” so I said what the heck, looked in to a few local craft fairs and it just took off from there.  I 've been selling my bags for about 7 years now but just really started pushing my etsy in the last year or so now; I was always weary of on-line sales, but now I wished I started earlier with it.
Ruby Gold Lampwork Glass Bead Earrings

Do you feel your craft is related to where you live?
I dont think it is.  Really its more a reflection of me. I'm fun and out going and love to make a statement.

How has being a part of the Etsy Maine Team helped you?
Pink and Brown Denim Handbag
It has really helped me learn what I need to do to start as a real small business

Where do you see yourself and your Etsy shop in the future?
What every one wants to able to make a decent income from it, but right now I just love seeing my creations out there for people to enjoy.

Where can we find you online and locally?
Starting in June, I do one craft fair a month in the southern part of the state in the seacoast area.  Check out my Etsy and Facebook for all dates, times, and locations.

Thanks Karianne for sharing a little about yourself and how the wonderful state you live in helps you create!  
Be sure to check out all the other awesome Maine artisans on Etsy, by searching "maineteam."