Meet Your Neighbor - Eleventeen Apparel

Me
Who are you?
My name is Angela Bolduc and Eleventeen Apparel is my handmade women’s clothing label.  Making the decision to start a sewing business came easy to me. My mother taught me to sew at a young age, and over the years I fell in love with fabrics and fashion. From casual to formal, my love of fashion is infused into every piece of clothing I create. I enjoy creating all types of women’s wear from ready-to-wear items as well as made-to-measure custom pieces. Fit is very important to me and I always strive to create a garment perfectly tailored to fit the woman wearing it.

Recently I had the fabulous opportunity of creating 39 dance costumes for Stage Presence for Dancers in Winslow. (check out the picture). It was a challenge, but I took it willingly and had the time of my life! I look forward to working with costumes again! 

Are you a native Mainer? If so, what’s kept you? If not, what brought you here?
 39 Dance Costumes
I am a nativer Mainer, originally from Millinocket. About ten years ago I moved to Winslow, where my business is currently located.I love living in the central Maine area as there are many opportunities for artists of all types to show their craft.


Do you feel your craft is related to where you live?
Is my craft related to where I live? Well, yes and no. Central Maine isn't exactly known for being a fashion hub! I tend to not look at what is hot on the runway, because, truth be told, no one in this area would be wearing that kind of thing! I want to make things that are relevant to the people living in this area, but also take them outside of their comfort zone just a bit to explore the depths of the fashion world.


How has being a part of the Etsy Maine Team helped you?
Being a part of the Etsy MaineTeam has helped me in many ways. I am able to follow along with fellow crafters and track the craft shows in the area. I was able to participate in the Etsy MaineTeam Christmas craft fair in Waterville last year and had the opportunity to meet and mingle with many of the MaineTeamers. It was a wonderful experience and I hope to do more in the future!
Strapless Evening Gown


What are some of your favorite shops on Etsy?
There are so many wonderful shops on Etsy! It is fantastic to have a community that supports handmade artistry. I love posting in the forums and getting the chance to chat with other members of this ever-growing "family"! Some of my favorite shops are
*Moondogfarm (from here in Maine!) The jewelry is amazing here. I purchased a nursing necklace for a friend of mine and she absolutely loves it!
*Venni Caprice-Lori is located in Massachusetts. I love her simple, trendy, clothing!
*LaCosturera Shop-Very beautiful special occasion dresses. Simply elegant!

*Allstrungout1-I had the pleasure of meeting Nancy at the Etsy MaineTeam Christmas craft fair. She knows her craft! Beautiful jewelry...I especially love her hairpins!

 Where do you see yourself and your Etsy shop in the future?
Black/Grass Cardigan
I look forward to growing and expanding my business over the next few years. I am currently selling strictly online and by word-of-mouth locally. I would like to get some of my work into a few local brick and mortar shops in Maine until I am able to eventually open up my own handmade clothing/seamstress b&m shop.


Where can we find you online and locally?
Right now you can find my work at:
www.eleventeenapparel.etsy.com
www.eleventeenapparel.com
www.eleventeenapparel.blogspot.com



Thanks Angela for sharing a little about yourself and how the wonderful state you live in helps you create!  
Be sure to check out all the other awesome Maine artisans on Etsy, by searching "maineteam"